The internet era has completely transformed the paradigm of teaching and learning and the trend of online studies has emerged even swiftly after the COVID19 breakout. Digitalization has generated a plethora of learning options for individuals who are employed in many industries yet want to continue their education. Nowadays, practically everyone has an internet connection. Even without spending any money on comprehensive study materials or classes, one may learn using the internet.
The worldwide online tutoring market is expected to expand by $153.07 billion at a CAGR of 16% between 2021 and 2025. With statistics like these, we can only conclude that now is an excellent moment for any tutor booking app development business to get started on their tutor app development strategy. There is no one-size-fits-all solution for creating an online tutor app and website. You will need to consider a number of criteria when developing your strategy. Let’s have a look at this part on edutech app development.
On-Demand Tutor Booking Apps Importance
On-demand Tutor applications have made significant contributions to the education business, whether from the perspective of a student or a teacher, paving the door for a fiercely competitive environment among tutoring apps.
- Simplifying Administrative Tasks: Tutor applications can help instructors and academic institutions streamline administrative work. Educators devote a significant amount of effort to grading exams, assessing tasks, and providing constructive feedback to their students. Nevertheless, when technology enters the scene, it helps to automate the organizational duties that are included in various examinations. As a result, teachers will have more time to devote to their pupils rather than spending long hours evaluating them.
- Tailored Learning: You’ll have an easier time discovering what you’re searching for in tutoring applications, owing to technology that serves you with the most appropriate selections advised by the app, similar to how you get to-listen suggestions on Itunes. The distinction between traditional and modern teaching approaches is that the latter allows for everyone to learn. The curriculum is designed in such a manner that it can accommodate the greatest number of students who want to attain the desired goal. Creating an on-demand tutor app is a strategy that has undoubtedly ensured that students receive the greatest learning to ace their projects and final tests.
- Global Education: AI is present in practically every online business operation, and it has made things far easier than they were previously. So simple that education is no longer restricted by geographical boundaries. Technology is bringing about major changes, allowing students to learn any subject from any location in the world at any time of day. Aside from that, an online learning software has launched equipment for kids in need of fundamental IT abilities.
Top 5 Tutor Booking Apps
- Wyzant: Wyzant is a 1:1 tuition program that provides live classes in person or online, as well as an extensive set of online tools and resources. This software caters to learners of various ages and backgrounds, casting a wide net in terms of topic content and learning pursuits. The Wyzant App allows parents and kids to immediately connect with qualified instructors for in-person and online courses. This platform caters to learners of various ages and backgrounds, casting a wide net in terms of topic content and learning interests.
- Everly: One more online tutoring program that links tutors through a technologically advanced platform. Unlike typical tutoring services, this platform focuses on the “uberization” of services. It provides high-quality in-person and on-demand service through its website and app. The best part about Everly is that it features tutors from a range of backgrounds, including certified instructors, industry experts, and undergraduate and graduate students with tutoring and teaching experience.
- Tutree: This application provides an online platform for students to meet peer tutors in person in minutes. It offers a wide range of skill sets to international students, including computer, math, Spanish, SAT, and English speaking instruction. Tutors are vetted and screened by the National Sex Offender Registry, among other tools, for the peace of mind of parents. The business has grown enormously and is now totally self-funded. They currently have 12-13K teachers from over 1000 US colleges, have helped 5000 students, and have expanded to 18 locations.
- Yup Tutor: This Math Tutoring Software is a subscription-based tutoring app with live tutors available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The app gives math help for middle and high school students (including AP classes) through an instant chat conversation with real tutors who can inspect the students’ assignments (via photo) and provide them with step-by-step guidance and leading questions (not just the answers). Students sign an ethics agreement when they join up for Yup, promising to use it ethically and with respect for tutors.
- Kadama: Kadama, which debuted in July 2018, is a tutor booking app with millions of students worldwide. The portal offers homework, test preparation, and essay assistance. The app received $1.7 million in venture investment and has a significant viewership across all social media platforms, including 2 million Instagram and TikTok followers.
Required Features For A Tutor Booking App
The on-demand tutoring sector is rapidly developing and growing more competitive. You may partition the entire program into several interfaces to develop a tutor booking software that stands out. In the tutor scheduling app, there may be three primary interfaces or panels.
- Direct & Social Media Login
- Search Options
- Reviews & Ratings
- Booking Interface
- Interactive Whiteboard
- Video Chat
- Direct Messaging
- Profile Setup
- Alter Timings
- Add or Remove Students
- Plan Income
- Manage Users
- Reports & Earnings
Some Other Sophisticated Features
- Push Notifications
- Cloud Management
Development Process of Tutor Booking App
Research: Every app project begins with the research stage, in which the tutor booking app development business determines the viability of the idea and the product. The tutor booking app experts use a technique to assess the overall viability of a project proposal. At this stage, tutor booking app design pros may also advise you on whether you should create an MVP (minimum viable product) with essential functionality. The following steps might be taken:
- Know your target audience
- Competitor study
- Set your goals
- Choose the targeted platforms
UI/UX Design: The success of any mobile application is heavily reliant on its user experience, interactiveness, intuitiveness, and navigation design. Tutor booking app design is an important aspect of the tutor booking app development process that may assist achieve a large degree of user engagement in the early stages.
If you want to construct an Android app for your online tutoring program, you may design information architecture and workflow that makes use of the entities accessible in the Android development environment. You may work with a team of iOS app developers to create a comprehensive feature tutor booking app for Apple devices.
Development: The development procedure is the chief factor for hiring tutor booking app creation services. The developers divide the entire tutor app design process into a few parts like creating technical architecture, finalizing the technology stack, and implementation. A mobile app consists of a frontend, a backend, and a database that is hosted on a server. APIs allow developers to increase functionality while spending less effort and time on code generation.
Testing: A collection of tests is performed by the QA team to analyze your application against various quality criteria. The entire process is broken down into test cases that are used to test various aspects of the product such as functionality, usability, user experience, responsiveness, security, and device and hardware compatibility.
Deployment: Now that we’ve created, developed, and tested a well-designed tutor booking app, it’s time to publish and deploy it in a live setting. Clients may also launch a beta version of their product to collect early feedback before publishing it on the App Store and Google Play.
Technology Stack Required For Tutor Booking App
Back-End Tech: Java, Kotlin, Swift, Objective-C.
Back-End Tech: Xamarin, Android Studio, Flutter, Ionic, PhoneGap, Xcode
Third-Party Tools and Integrations: Trello, Dropbox, Slack, Salesforce, and Zendesk
How Can a Tutor Booking App Help Businesses?
Most tutor booking apps operate on a pay-as-you-go basis, with app users only paying for what they consume or subscribe to. However, there may be various ways for a company to profit from building teacher booking software.
In-App Advertisements: Enabling in-app purchases is one of the most common methods of monetizing your mobile app. You may provide add-on features and other premium tools to users to assist them to improve the app’s operation and participating in more effective learning.
Commission-Based: App owners may make money by charging a small fee on each user registration.
Subscription: Another prominent monetization strategy utilized across all types of mobile applications is the subscription-based model, in which users may extend their access to specific premium features by paying a small price.
Diverse Pricing Models: App owners might charge varying charges to student groups and individual students. Working professionals may have different experiences.
Tutor Booking App Development Expenses
There are plenty of factors that affect the expenditure in creating a tutor booking app development. The tutor app development cost might range from $25,000 and $40,000 based on the characteristics listed below and market competition analysis. These factors include:
- Hourly Rates of App Development Company
- Platforms and Devices
- Features and Functionalities
- UI/UX Design
- Backend Integration & Testing
- App Maintenance
In a nutshell, you may list down your requirements on paper and then contact a mobile app development company to help you create a prototype, technological stack, and implementation strategy. Consider the most recent developments in the tutor app development industry to acquire a competitive advantage over others.