Technology has had a great impact on all spheres and many innovative changes have been made. Travelers, lifestyle brands, and foodies are all benefiting from sophisticated technology, and education is no exception. Plus, Byju\’s success has had an influence on the educational process, pushing us to be more inventive and forward-thinking in the eLearning arena. A great number of people have praised and embraced this unique innovation. The app has transformed the m-learning space, becoming the first to enter the sector and garnering a billion-dollar value in such a short span of time. This appeals to more organizations and encourages them to invest in advanced education systems. Making an app like Byju\’s to accommodate the rapid surge of eLearners is a wonderful idea. The Indian online tuition service, Byju\’s, has emerged as a prominent eLearning platform during the COVID-19 outbreak and has managed to thrive even during the peak of pandemics. This education technology was established in 2011 and generated a significant revenue of 2800 Cr in just FY2020. The application\’s achievement can be seen in that Mark Zuckerberg, the creator, and CEO of Facebook has also invested heavily in this personalized learning platform.
What is Byju’s Business Paradigm?If you are the one who is trying to develop your own product based on the ideas of other flourishing platforms, you should first learn how they are earning money out of it. In particular, Byju adheres to the business paradigm that is followed by most mobile applications, which is Freemium. As per Byju’s policy, users can freely access the educational material for the first fifteen days, and later, on the sixteenth day of registration, they need to make a payment in order to continue. Courses are available for students in grades 1 to 12. It also provides students with lessons to help them pass national and international examinations.
What Should Be the Structure and Features of an App Like Byju’s?To design an eLearning app like Byju\’s, you must incorporate four panels with distinct functionality. If you want to provide pupils with a positive learning experience, each panel is equally important. The four panels and their associated characteristics are mentioned further.
Admin PanelThe admin panel enables the management to handle the many components of the application. It commands the data of other panels in the app, like the teacher, students, and parents. In addition, anybody with access to the admin panel may regulate and manage subscription payments. Key features of the Admin Panel:
- Class Management: It enables the administration to handle students and courses on a class-by-class basis.
- Content Management: There are several forms of material in an eLearning app. From books to videos, this functionality will assist administrators in successfully managing the material.
- Test Management: Users may take exams from anywhere using eLearning applications. With this function, you can manage both the tests and the outcomes.
- Student and Parent Management: With this feature, users can manage the parent\’s and their children’s profiles.
- Teacher Management: Under this app\’s functionality comes the teachers\’ background, schedule and report.
- Payment Management: With the help of this function, the user can handle the payment options as well as subscriptions under high-end security.
Teacher PanelThis panel in the application is designed to assist the teachers in managing the student reports, class reports, and class timings. Through this panel, the teachers can connect with the parents, pupils, and admin. Key features of Teacher Panel:
- Registration: This panel ensures that the Teachers must go through a rigorous registration procedure on the eLearning app, during which all of their documents are checked.
- Dashboard: In the dashboard segment, details related to students, classes, and more are offered to the teacher.
- Class Management and Reports: This feature allows the teachers to control the class timings and also keep the record of conducted classes.
- Student Management and Reports: With this functionality, Teachers develop thorough reports on their pupils in order to successfully track their performance.
- Notifications: This feature notifies or reminds the teachers about their upcoming classes.
- Chat/Call with Admin: Via this feature, teachers can connect with the admin anytime.
Parent PanelSince primary school kids can not buy the subscription on their own, the developers added the feature of the parent panel to assist them. With this app, parents are able to create an account for their children and manage their classes, courses, and progress.
Critical features of Parent Panel:
- Registration: Every parent needs to submit a form in order to create a parent account on the application.
- Connect Student: After creating their account, they can connect it with their children’s account.
- Admin announcements: Parents can see the admin updates through this feature.
- Student profile and reports: This feature allows the parents to sight the performance and class reports of their kids.
- Buy Courses: This function enables parents to buy the course for their children.
- Chat/Call with Admin: With this feature, parents can connect with the admin anytime.
- Student Panel
Key Features of Student Panel:
- Registration: The students need to register themselves by filling out a personal details form.
- Course List: Students can always access the course catalog. They can look around and learn about various courses.
- Course Details: The course they purchased is given in this section, along with the specifics.
- Online Tests: The online test is given to students to evaluate their performance. This feature enables them to take these tests.
- Purchase history: This section contains the whole history of each course purchased by students or their parents.
- Forum: Students can contact subject matter experts or teachers at any time to get answers to their questions.